Friday, June 15, 2012


I am very excited about the number of television shows involving dance.  They are so different from one another yet I enjoy each of them:

  1. Dance Moms – I love the personalities on this show.  Abby Lee Miller is the owner of the studio and this show gives a glimpse into the lives of those wrapped up in competitive dancing.  This takes me back to my youth in competitive baton twirling.

  1. So You Think You Can Dance – I love watching the beautiful and varied styles of dance.  From ballet and lyrical to break-dancing, these competitors are fierce.

  1. Bunheads – This is the new show by Amy Sherwin-Palladino on ABC Family.  The pilot aired last week and ended with a cliffhanger.  I think I am going to enjoy this new show as it has Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore from GG) as the mother-in-law.

  1. Breaking Pointe – The CW reality series goes behind the scenes at Ballet West which is based in Salt Lake City, Utah. 


Some of these shows are in their first season, so let’s hope they get picked up again next season.  Summer is the perfect time for these kinds of shows as there is a lull in regular programming. 

Any other suggestions for the DVR this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment